Tuesday, August 6, 2013

No entrants?!?! WHAT?!?!

It has been forever and a day since I've updated this page.  Apologies, but since I'm updating, I did not receive entrants for school bags this year which made me sad as I roamed the stores in these past few weeks and saw all these amazing deals on stuff I'd put in the backpacks.  So this year, there were no donations and no entrants.  Which made me pause as to why (regarding the entrants), I had emailed teachers to spread the word and put it out there on social media sites but no entrants.  I mentioned the lack of donations only because I did not want people who read this blog to think I skipped out and pocketed the money.  I'm more concerned about the lack of entrants.  Who wouldn't want a FREE backpack for expressing what they believe in?  So, this is the question I will ponder.  Feedback would also be appreciated at mackenzie.sayers@gmail.com as I am only using the mackspacks5@gmail.com email for entrants (at the moment).

I will not be running Mack's Packs this year.  This will give me time to reflect on how to make it a better program and also because this is a year where I'm pushing myself as an educator.  I'm entering into a new position and enrolled for an AQ course this fall and hopefully taking a second one in the winter semester.  As well as, taking free courses at coursera.org which I highly recommend for anyone that wants to attain knowledge in many different areas of life.  I took one this past spring and although I found it overwhelming, maybe perhaps since I hadn't taken a course since 2010, it helped me to open my eyes up about being a leader.

If my mind changes, it will be announced via social media but this year I'm promising myself to focus on my professional goals and growth as an educator to be the best I can be in the field I live for.  




No comments:

Post a Comment